Last Updated on
When it comes to making your congested places fitting for more home comers, trundle beds come as a great aid. Trundle beds are specifically designed for confined places that you can enlarge when required. They come with inside bedding that can be rolled in and rolled out according to requirements. Such as, if you are having a guest coming in your small apartment to spend a night, you can simply roll out your trundle bed to give the guest enough space to sleep without being disturbed.
This is not the only way in which trundle beds come has handy in fact you also get many more occasions, in which trundle beds become the only help you can utilize such as:
Helping Your Kids Sleep Independently
When it comes to making your kids used to of sleeping alone, you cannot put them in a separate room at once. You also cannot bring a separate bed in one room as you already have two. Here comes trundle bed as help so that you can move your baby there before moving him or her into a separate room.
Sleeping Comfortably with Kicky Sleeper
When your partner sleeps too uncomfortably such as kicks, punches, and even run during sleep, this separate bed comes as great help. You can move there in the night and get a relieved sleeping with your partner though on a comforting distance.
Comforting Sleep during Sleepovers
When you have conducted a sleepover for many girls in one night, you won’t go out of space when you have a trundle bed with you.
In sharing apartments
If you don’t have too much money to spend on living and you are ready to share the space, a single trundle bed will come as handy. Here, you both don’t need to purchase separate beds yet not have to sleep together on the same bed.
Moving on to the further discussion of the Trundle Beds, here it requires that we specify its difference with daybeds because many people are confused regarding both.
Are Daybeds and Trundle Beds Similar?
They look same however they aren’t same in formation and even functions. Basically, there are three differences between the Trundle Beds and Daybeds:
1. The Formation and Placement
First difference that we find in this regard is that a Trundle bed gets folded and can be placed on congested places. On the other hand, when it comes to Daybed, they aren’t folding beds yet they are twin beds that take more space for the placement.
2. Design and Manufacturing
Another difference that we find in the Daybeds and Trundle Beds is their design. Daybeds are wooden or metal framed beds that have back, arms, and foam for seating. Besides, these beds have pillows on the sides. On the other hand, when it comes to Trundle Beds, the back is missing. You can say that Daybeds look like sofas while Trundle Beds look better nearer to normal bed.
3. Size and Style
Daybeds have only two frames on upper and lower sides on the other hand, Trundle Beds can have three frames that are folded in and out for use.
Moving even further, here we will have to discuss the difference between twin mattresses and the Trundle Beds.
Twin Mattresses VS Trundle Beds
Here are major differences between both:
1. With and Without Frame:
Trundle Beds come with frames while the twin mattresses lack and don’t need frames around them for the support. Frame for the Trundle Beds is formed by using three pieces, side panels, and one panel on the back. Mattress has foam in it with coils.
2. Sizing of the both:
When it comes the measuring standard size of a twin sized mattress, it is 39 by 75 inches. On the other hand, when we talk about the size of a Trundle Bed, it can do fit the twin size mattress however after making adjustments. Trundle beds come with 8 inches thick mattresses but these can be adjusted for more thickened mattresses.
3. Comfort Level:
The comfort level of the twin size mattress cannot be questioned however due to better advancement in the technology used for making trundle beds, their comfort has increased with time. Now, Trundle Beds come with comfortable thick foam including antimicrobial memory foams, foam with air chambers, latex foam, and pillow tops etc.
Now, before closing the discussion, here we would like to suggest you some tips that will come handy when you would go for purchasing a Trundle Bed for your home.
Things to consider while buying trundle bed
1. First considerable thing for you here is the material from which frame of the Trundle Bed is formed. Make sure the frame is made of metal or wood. This is because these two materials are less fragile and more robust.
2. After that you will have to see the quality and the type of mattress used in it along with density. The denser the mattress is, the better and high quality it will be.
3. Made of memory foam and springy coils used in the formation of these beds is another thing that requires consideration.
Advantages of Trundle Beds
1. You get more options for material to get one that suits your needs best.
2. You get more varieties when it comes to looking at the upholstery of the mattress.
3. These mattresses are great for congested places because they take space of one yet give two beds.
4. They are so modern and add up a lot to the style of your mattress.
5. They are durable and robust and never break for years however when chosen wisely in a good material type.
6. You get extra space for sleeping in your home and don’t need to sleep uncomfortably when guests are around.